Irrigation modernization works begin in the Guadiana Irrigation Community

The Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, through the State Commercial Society of Agrarian Infrastructures (Seiasa), has launched the execution works of the comprehensive modernization project and implementation of new technologies in the Guadiana Irrigation Community, in the province of Badajoz, with a budget of 1,151,807 euros (VAT not included).

Specifically, the new infrastructure will benefit 212 irrigators who cultivate 3,045 hectares in the municipalities of Montijo, Guadiana, Badajoz, Pueblonuevo del Guadiana and Mérida.

The objective of the works, which have a completion period of nine months, is “to reduce energy consumption, attenuate pumping pressure and reduce filtrate losses,” as explained by the Ministry of Agriculture in a press release.

To this end, the project includes the construction of a new pumping station and a bypass for the elevated tank, the installation of hydrocyclonic filters, and the automation and remote control of the lifting station and filter heads.

It should be noted that this action is part of the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan, which is why it is financed by the Next Generation funds of the European Union. The public contribution will be a maximum of 80% of the cost of eligible expenses, while the irrigation community will bear the remaining 20%.

What the works consist of

A “typical” action to modernize an irrigation infrastructure usually involves actions in several infrastructures. It serves to increase storage capacity, through the introduction of prefabricated ponds or tanks. Also for pumping and filtering stations and associated electrical networks, which provide pressure to the irrigation network, increase energy efficiency and improve water quality.

On the other hand, these works will help actions on the transportation and distribution network, since they improve water management, reduce direct losses in transportation and distribution and adapt the infrastructure to allow the application of more efficient irrigation systems. .

The modernization of irrigation also introduces alternative water resources, since the use of regenerated and desalinated water in agriculture reduces the pressure on the natural sources of the resource, allowing its release for other uses.

Likewise, it automates irrigation systems. According to the Ministry, “the technological advances introduced in irrigation systems in matters such as automation, communications and computing allow the establishment of remote control systems that facilitate irrigation management.” Technological innovations that are usually included in irrigation modernization actions, allowing, among other improvements, the optimization of water management.

Finally, the works guarantee greater energy efficiency in the development of irrigation, something that is a priority to satisfy the sustainability of the activity, in terms of use of resources and economic viability of irrigated agriculture.

sbobet88 judi bola online judi bola judi bola online

By adminn